Followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Chill

We've had a frosty week here in the Windy City! Even a late start at school this morning, which always cracks me up. People drive in these conditions all winter long up north and we get in a tizzy at the first sign of sleet. It's all what your used to, I guess. We took some time for a photo session yesterday-this may be the one and only snow/sleet of the year. Then again, it could snow in Easter like it did the year after Finley was born.
Slade was excited to get to wear his "big" jacket. Finley was very into picking up the snow and then wondering why here hand was freezing. This is the first time she is really aware of the snow.

It's all about how cute the coat is!!!!


A view from the garage-it actually got worse as the day progressed. I was sleeting big chunks of snow and ice when I picked up Finley from school.
Brandi and Campbell

Slade after a crazy day at school. So, I pulled the lazy card and ordered pizza last night-poor delivery guy had to drive in the nice weather instead of me. I had an excuse, though, I ended up going to the doctor yesterday morning bc my cold turned into a inner ear infection. Not a pretty site when you have no balance when trying to walk. Plus one ear was so stopped up, I was pretty much deaf and it roared all night long-very annoying.

Finley before school yesterday morning. She was so cute in her warm tights but sprung a leak at school and came home in pants. The bows didn't match when I picked her up!

I hate to admit it, but I secretly love for it to snow. I wouldn't want it all winter, but I'm just as excited as the next kid when I see it all white outside. It is so pretty when everything is covered. I feel bad bc it so messes up Kyle's day when the weather is bad-basically we loose money. I'm sure it will be 60 degrees tomorrow-you know West Texas weather, stick around and it will change.

Happy Winter from Lubbock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wished that it would snow here. I really miss it. It only rains and then gets cold, but not cold enough to snow. Love the pics of it. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have tried to connect with you previously but nothing happened! Your mom sent me your blog and I love it - the photos are fantastic of all of you - you and Brandi have cloned yourselves - they are darling children. Let's see if this works this time - much love, Charlena (Mrs. VP!)

Jerilynn said...

Chey-Anne - one down...one to go! My sister has a blog and now it's Brandi's turn. LOL
I was playing around on the net and I found this free cupcake header. Go to my practice blog to see it.
www.practicebackgroundblog.blogspot.com
The pictures are awesome. I can't believe how big and grown-up Slade is getting! Finley is a doll too!
Now, I am sick and tired of Brandi and Campbell looking like magazine ads - geesh....do either one of them ever look "not ready for the perfect picture!!!!"