Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Soapbox, Please

I'm sorry but I cannot understand nor am I enamored by this "Presidential Euphoria". I mean, come on people, we have a new President. Get on with your day. No, he didn't get my vote, but I really don't think I'm bitter. It's just scary when people act like a former Senator is the next Messiah. I'm all for hope and change to make our lives better, don't get me wrong. And I do want many things improved, such as affordable health care. I've just never understood why people are so enraged with Bush. If I recall correctly from my Political Science classes, everything the President does goes through Congress. A bill does have to be approved by Congress before it is signed by the President. That's the point of a democracy. No one man runs our country but everyone is looking for a scapegoat. If people are so unhappy with Bush's politics and the past eight years , maybe we should all start taking a second look on who we vote into Congress. We choose who will represent us and I would bet money that lots of folks can't even name the representatives from their voting districts. Why don't we all take a few pointers back from the days of FDR. People lived simply and worked hard. The President isn't going to fix lazy or stupid. Don't take out a mortgage you cannot afford. Try to chip away at your debt. We all need to suck it up, do without some of our extravagances. That should make a dent on our economy.

Ok, so I've stepped off my soapbox now. Maybe I'm just grumpy because my stomach is hurting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sista!
-Jenn

Anonymous said...

I'll second that!! My question is... If we are in such a financial crisis, why did we spend so much money on this overly exaggerated day? Couldn't that money have been used to build some houses in Galveston or New Orleans. Maybe some homeless people could have used some extra cash. The rich just keep spending stupidly.
Pam

Funky Finds said...

I missed out when they were passing around the Obama Kool-Aid, too. I guess there's something big we're missing as everyone seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.