Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Smell of Sweetness

My baby girl started Tuesday/Thursday school today-and yes, I was a bit sad. It wasn't as grueling as when I took Slade, but still a milestone-which always makes me sad. When Kyle and I took her, she wanted me to sit her in her chair, but after that, she was on her way. She didn't have anything else to do with us. Actually, it was good because her room is the same room that she goes to bible school in, so it was familiar to her. I was dying to get her by 2:30 so I got there at 2:00 and paid for tuition, trying to waste a little time. She was sitting there drinking her cup. She ran to me really excited. Mrs. Casey said her day was absolutely wonderful - she colored, glued, made some sort of clay, ate cookies, and even napped an hour!!! I mean, how could she not have fun doing all that art work! Both of my kids love artsy stuff so it's right down her alley. She made buddies with a little one named, Avery, and I think they chatted and played all day. Tonight we were rocking and she said word for word, "I had fun at church school today." Wow, what more could I ask for? She told me she wanted to go back on Thursday when I asked her. I think it may have been the new backpack-she was really excited about the "backpack". It is like the one brother takes to school. I'll get pictures posted tomorrow.

My friend Beth came and painted the words in the monkey bathroom as posted last week. So tonight we are in the monkey bathroom and Finley points to the words. She says, "Beff did this and Beff did that." I had to call "Beff" and tell her that Finley has been listening to me show off her calligraphy skills. The funny thing is that Finley wasn't even here when she painted. She just has been eavesdropping!

Slade is back in the swing of things, loving school, but not wanting to EVER go to bed. Last night he was telling Finley everything to expect at tues/thurs school. I guess he is an expert considering he attending two years!!! Unbelievably, he is only 11 days away from turning 6! I had to purchase some birthday supplies for the festivities today. Campbell and him share the same bday as you know, and Brandi has been kidding him for weeks that they have to share a cake. She keeps asking what he wants on his "half". He is going for an ocean theme, so Campbell is on her own!!!

I have to tell you what I did on Sunday night. Kyle was asleep and Slade couldn't get fixed in his bed. He walked through and told me that he couldn't sleep, so I sent him into the room with Kyle. Finley had been up a few times and I rocked her back to sleep. When I finished all that I was working on, I decided to sleep in the big bed in Finley's room, as she was in the crib (Yes, we all play a mean game of musical beds in the household!) I'm not embarrassed to tell you that I literally picked up my snoring, sound asleep baby and put her into bed with me, simply because I wanted a warm body in my bed!!!! I don't care what you think about me. It was wonderful! She cuddled right up to me, and put her little arms around my neck. I laid there, feeling her breathe, and smelled her yummy Baby Magic-clean hair. It smelled so good, I could just drink it. I slept really well that night! Brandi, if you want Campbell to sleep with you, just let her. Who cares. The world will keep turning, the seasons will still change. Enjoy her anyway you can-they grow too fast.

If you are reading this and never have had the opportunity to smell your very own head of Baby Magic hair, I highly recommend it. No matter how you came into possession of that hair, being adopted from love, or carried in your own stretch marked belly, there's just something about it. You won't be sorry, and it might just be the sweetest smell of your life. Almost six years and two blond, Baby Magic'd heads of hair later, I'm still in awe of God's miracle. I can't believe they are both mine. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Jerilynn said...

So glad that Finley had a great day!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry. My two baby magic heads are teenagers now. It does go so fast. Zach slept with me for many years off and on, and the best year of our lives Sarah and I shared a room. She did eventually have her own bed in that room. Why is it wrong to cuddle our babies as long as we can. I still cuddle them at 15 and (nearly) 18. They don't shed nearly as much as my dog.
Love you all
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sleep with those babies all you want! Dad said that we couldn't have any more children because they didn't make a bed bigger than a king size and you and Brandi were always in the bed with us.Those were the best times of my life, except now when the grandkids are getting in the bed with us!MOM

Anonymous said...

I love it when Campbell comes and gets in bed with us at 3 or 4 am every morning. And I do cuddle with her and smell her head and sweet little neck. I love it and I am so blessed to have her. Thanks for what you said! I'm so glad Finley had a good week. Even is Thursday was a little rough at the start!

Love you all!
Brandi