Followers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Friday

Slade(age 4) is "fishing" in the river in front of Ramma's cabin in Ruidoso-August 2007. I was so disappointed to miss our trip to the cabins this past summer. Of course the weekend we planned to go was the huge 100-year flood in Ruidoso. It really tore up some things at Ramma's cabins, so I'm not really sure what it will look like when we return. Hopefully most of the damage can be fixed.
Finley's first official trip to the cabins, she had just turned one-August 2007. Isn't that the sweetest little ruffled outfit! It was a hand-me-down from my friend, Cari.
Well the scope went fine yesterday on my stomach. I was terribly nervous, but I don't remember anything of the actual procedure-thank goodness. I just have the bruise from the IV left as the only reminder. Basically he told me my stomach looks like it got beat with a hammer(these were his words). It is probably damaged from an over abundance of stomach acid and the over use of Advil-which I have taken lots of. I mean lots. For now, no Advil or Aleve at all, continue the stomach meds, and it just has to heal. He took biopsy's of something that will be sent off to check for bacterias. Who knows. I'm just glad that it's not something horrible, but I really wanted a "fix" yesterday. It will take time to heal I suppose.
Please say a prayer today for several of my friends. Sarah Mitchell, who had the kidney surgery during Thanksgiving, had to go back and have another stint(not sure of the spelling) put in because it is not draining as it should. She has been hurting and was really dreading the surgery today. The stint is not comfortable and she has to leave it in for many weeks. I feel really bad for her. She has missed quite a bit of school and her activities. Not so much fun for a young girl. Also my friend, Angela, her little girl had tubes put in her ears this morning. All went well. Page's blog, The Boyd Gang, also said that they are having trouble with Maddie's ear infections. She will be getting tubes, but they need her infection to clear up. Keep these guys in your thoughts and if you are healthy, feel fortunate. It's tough to get through your day not feeling well. Have a blessed Friday!!!!!!

BTW-Finley is running around the living room naked. She is very skilled at removing her own clothing.

1 comment:

The Boyd Gang said...

Glad to here that your stomach issues will heal with time. I pray that they heal quickly and that you can get through your day with as little pain as possible. Thanks for keeping Maddie in your prayers. I think she is imune to the pain at this point but I know she will feel much better once we get the tubes in. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a little one that like to streak around the house naked. Have a wonderful weekend. By the way, I loved the frog cupcakes and may even make them for part of Zoey's birthday. They turned out so cute.