Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

And the Birthdays Continue

We went to Campbell's house to celebrate her first birthday on Saturday night. Brandi made some yummy dips and we had fajitas for dinner. She had her little outfit made with the extra material from her cupcake bedding and it is soooo cute. I found the decal on her shirt-it says, Miss January. I got one for Finley, too.
She just stared at the cake for a minute and then decided to tear into it. What girl can resist chocolate-even if your only one!

They really weren't this serious. Finley was just tuckered out-she ran fever the next day actually. I think she had too much fun. Cita loves her girl!

I just thought this was a cute pic. The strings are from the balloons that the kids played with for hours. Finley got one wrapped up in the ceiling fan and we had to cut it loose.

Nana's traditional tiny cake in a tiny pan. For those that don't know the story, this was my great grandmother's little pan. She used to make mom and my uncle little white cakes in it. Nana now has the pan and makes everyone their own cake in it every year. Plus her chocolate cake is yummo. I think I mentioned this in a past post.

Brandi and Miss January. She is munching on some cake at this point!

Lot's of help with the gift opening. Maybe too much help? Brandi was a good sport to let everyone help. I've been to one year old parties where we were directed to sit on the couch and not move. No kids were allowed to help! I was sooo boring. I know that someone reading this knows exactly what I'm talking about!?!? Everyone helping is much more fun. I'm mean, who remembers that someone else opened their gifts when they were one? My point exactly.

We made a really cute little table with all our cupcake items!

Mr. and Miss January-our birthday kiddos! I swear they have a bond. I think Slade is sweeter to Campbell than anyone else.

And the big cake. It was really cute, too. Half of it was Mexican vanilla-I highly recommend that flavor!
And two things to add that are not birthday related-
1. My sister conned me into a session with a trainer for us together. Can I just say that I'm having a hard time walking and it brought back memories of beginning of the year basketball workouts in high school. I haven't sucked that much air up since Coach Sellers made us run lines after basketball practice. I hope there is some oxygen left for other human beings in the Lubbock area. I mean it was really hard. I haven't decided if I'm still mad at my sister or not. I'll decide in the morning.
2. I am going to be having the scope done on my stomach on Thursday. So please say a little prayer for me, as I am a nervous wreck with any procedures done on me. I hate it!!!

5 comments:

Jerilynn said...

super cute birthday and I soooo want a piece of that cake - both of them (Nana's and the birthday cake). I hate to be the one person that disagrees (I probably will be)....but I don't mind a little help with the presents, but I always found that it made things more stressful when all the little kids were allowed to help. I eneded up with the ones that were grabbing bags and just ripping stuff out. I couldn't keep track of who brought what. Plus, haven't you been to the birthday with the 8 or 9 year old...that hasn't been taught to sit on the couch yet???? It's weird.
I can still be your friend right? Remember I do like rats Ü

Jerilynn said...

Me - Chaos - not so much LOL!
The Cassady's are my cousins. Charles' mother Nancy is my Mom's first cousin. They are a really neat family. Did you not love that nursery....so stinking cute. I see owls everywhere now and want to buy them. I had the same quirk with cupcakes...I still do. I find myself migrating towards cupcakes and thinking of Campbell. I keep waiting for Brandi to start a blog....do you think the day will come?

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Campbell and Slade. Hope you had a wonderful day. We will keep you in our prayers and hope your procedure goes well.

Jerilynn said...

I guess I didn't read the very last line - sorry that I am late sending well wishes for your scope. I hope you get some answers and a treatment plan. J

Funky Finds said...

adorable - from miss campbell to that cake. love it all! and i would rather not ever hear about coach sellers again...and/or running lines...man that sucked!