Followers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Cute Pots.... and Beth

This is my friend Beth's baby boy-you know the one I had the shower for. He was really stinkin' cute in this get up. He's really stinkin' cute in anything she puts him in. Beth is a very crafty gal and talented painter. She helped me make the following super cute pots for Finley's birthday. She also is a junior high couselor and has lots a funny stories.

I helped Beth paint them. I glued on the rickrack. Beth did all the writing. You must always let her do the writing. She has really good teacher handwriting. She also has a crazy bin of paint that has just about every color under the sun. I like to bum off her paint bin. She let's me. She also let's me use her million buttons to scrap with.

The pots were used as center pieces on various tables and then the kiddos got to pull out some suckers and take home with them. They liked this, but perhaps the parents didn't appreciate the stickiness of this party favor. Nobody complained......to my face. Beth lines up her Sharpies in color coordinated order. She might get beads of sweat on her nose if she sees that your Sharpies are just thrown in a box. She would never tell you that, though. She can also bake tiny clay figures in her oven that look really cute on a wreath. I have talented friends. How many people can say they have a friend that bakes clay mini figurines, was born in Minnesota, but is Texan at heart and makes a mean sausage ball.


I liked this one especially. I like pink. I like blue writing. I like Beth, too. She will let my kids kiss her baby and she doesn't even act nervous. Her husband is a cop. I always ask him if he shot anyone when I see him. I secretly look all over town for him in his cop car, but have never seen him. It's really not a secret-Beth knows I always try to find him. He really looks like a cop, too, or so Kyle says. Beth once saw two people ride through the Sonic parking lot on horseback and cross University. No lie. I love Beth. Everyone who knows Beth loves her. She paints good pots, too. Beth, do you still have your cowgirl outfit that Pete and Linda bought you and Kristen when ya'll moved to Texas???

2 comments:

Beth said...

How blessed am I to have a friend like you!!! I'm willing to bet that cowgirl outfit is lurking somewhere...love you to girl!

Crystal said...

How blessed you are to have such a great friend!