Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cute Bow Holder

So I stole this swell little idea from another blog and made it my own by matching the ribbon colors to Finley's room motif. It now hangs in her room and hold tons of her bows.

I think it turned out rather cute. The 11x16(I think that was the size) frame was like 5 bucks from WalMart on the clearance isle. I spray painted it black and added little red lady bugs. I picked different ribbon sizes and colors and glued them onto the back of the frame. My friend made one and her frame was thick enough to staple her ribbon on the back. The glue is working well for us so far. And I just tied a bunch of the ribbon together to make the top hanger. My friend calls it "wall art". I think she might be right!

Some of the ribbon was just scraps from my scrapbooking stash. I do believe we have almost the whole thing filled with bows. Now, if someone will just show me how to make my own bows.........

2 comments:

Jerilynn said...

too cute - great job. I remember how the bows seemed to take on a life of their own and would be spread from one end of the house to the other!

Amy Holifield said...

Cute! I'm going to steal this from you, now that I'll have 2 heads to put bows on!