Followers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Almost Forgot These!

I almost forgot to post the Easter egg hunt pics from Slade's classroom. Yes, we will never forget the Easter he wore a walking cast, haha!!!

I'm thinking this is the last year we will be able to get them to wear bunny ears at school. Maybe I'm wrong-we'll see. Can't you just imagine posting this photo in a slide show when they are seniors?!? Priceless. Wait a minute, I cannot discuss my baby ever being a senior. That kind of thinking is not allowed. He's my baby boy that was 7.7lbs. and a bit jaundiced when he arrived! He is just a baby!!!

We had an "indoor" hunt due to a wonderful West Texas wind storm. Lovely. I'm talking "visibility was limited". I'm not sure which I love more-snow(two years ago) or dust(this year). It's a toss-up!


Since they had to hunt in the classroom, someone came up with the clever idea of each child having a specific number to hunt. Slade was like say "21", so he had to look until he found all the eggs that were labeled 21. It took them 20-30 minutes to find their numbers. Pretty good idea.


OOHHHH, the excitement in the mystery of the plastic filled egg! I do have to say, I miss the old school real dyed eggs, but that trend is long since gone. I know you can't stuff a real egg, but it was just lots of fun to dye the eggs. I remember my mom watching "Mash" reruns as we sat at the table and colored our eggs in clear coffee cups.


This was taken after each of their parties. Kyle went to Finley's school party and I attended Slade's party. Finley had the sweetest little Easter outfit with Easter print ruffles made by Ms. Stephanie. So cute-we wore it about five time that week.

I cannot forget to show the basket Finley made at her school. It was very sweet! It started out as an apple juice container. Cutest Easter basket I've ever seen!

1 comment:

Jerilynn said...

cute pictures. Just so you know I am almost exactly 3 years away from my little 6.13 oz bundle of joy becoming a senior. I overheard her talking to friends about how they think their junior year will be the best - not as much stress about college etc. I was like "I can't believe I am hearing this conversation!!!!!"