Followers

Monday, February 9, 2009

So Very Sad

I really try to, for the most part, blog about happy things, but tonight I find myself so sad. I came across this blog from one of my favorite bloggers that I have been keeping up with. She had asked for prayers for this couple. http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/ I went to this blog and this sweet couple lost their ten month old baby girl to cancer after only being diagnosed three weeks ago. My heart is so heavy, and I am so upset after reading their story. The mom is just a blogger, writing about their baby and family like the rest of us and their world was turned upside down. I don't know these people, but I know how much we all love our children. This story just touched me tonight-the baby was absolutely precious. Say a prayer for them tonight and give your babies an extra hug and kiss. We are BLESSED.


When I read something like this, it makes blogging about a pair of GAP jeans seem really stupid. I know you can't just sit around thinking about sad things all the time or you would go crazy, but it's good to have things put our lives into perspective. It's a reality check and makes you appreciate things that you might take for granted-like a healthy child. I think it's all about the people in our lives. The people are what matter the most.

4 comments:

Jerilynn said...

I read that blog too! just broke my heart. Hey - the world goes around full of happy, sad and light hearted moments. Gap jeans are light hearted (heavy in my case) don't feel bad about your own funny and trivial moments. The big thing is that you were able to do something outside of your comfort zone - that is a big thing to many people.

The Boyd Gang said...

I just finished reading the blog and can't quit crying! I had to go and look at my babies just to know that they were okay. God works in such mysterious ways, and often beyond our understanding. On a lighter note, I just got rid of all of my old jeans that I will never wear again:)

Jerilynn said...

Hey - did you get what you needed from the practice blog. It is fixing to be deleted.

Anonymous said...

Life is so unexpected. We spent 4 more days in the hospital this week.
The doctors don't really know what to do with my sweet Sarah. They removed the stint that was cousing so much pain. Now we play the waiting game to see if the kidney works on its own. But today is a good day. I am back at school. Sarah will come back tomorrow.
Love you girl,
Pam