Followers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

GAPalicious


I attended a child's birthday party this weekend and decided that I was out of my element for many reasons. The main one being that the whole family looked as if they might have been in an advertisement that read, "Fall into the GAP!" They were all quite hip and young!!! The birthday kiddo's parent's friends were Tech kids and I was feeling my thirties calling out to me saying that those days have long since passed me by! My cute red sweater that has the one little button at the top was beginning to scream "grandma" as I watched the Tech girls pile in with their skinny jeans, scarves, and flats. I guess that explains why I've never been mistaken for an example of a chic dresser. I just think it would be a whole lot more fun if I was shopping for say, a size 4. Everything looks good on a skinny person, right?!? Sadly, on most days, my advertisement would read, "Fall into the least dirty pair of gym sweats that have the least amount of Ketchup that Finley touched me with!" Yes, I find it a bit pathetic myself. It was a little disconcerting, but hey, it's all about how young you feel, right? And let us not forget that I have a pair of pre-Slade GAP jeans folded neatly in a drawer that still have my name on them! I could "fall" into those GAP jeans today if someone dropped me from a ten story building, but I firmly believe that I can live on hope alone! Finley did have fun anyways, and I had to step out of my comfort zone and visit with people I didn't know. Some of you may not know this about me. I'm a talker and have problems shutting up when I'm around friends and family, but I am very uneasy talking in groups of people I do not know. I know that's hard to believe-me not talking, haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not feel bad. I was in the same boat this weekend at a birthday party. Here I am 4 weeks post delevery and at a party that everyone there had leggins on and the cute little sweaters. I felt like a big cow around them. So that you had to go through all of this.