Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Penguin Chic

I've been meaning to post these pics and some of my friends have seen them via email. I have a friend that is an awesome seamstress-I mean little girl clothes to die for! She can do just about anything and this little garb is just an example. Finley started preschool on Tues/Thurs last month, as you already know. They had these blue penguin tshirts that are the school shirts that you wear on special days. The only sizes left were 12 mo. and 6/8. I wasn't going to get one, but Finley saw some of the other kids with their shirts and said, "Look, they have penguins on their shirts!" Kyle told me just to get one and she could wear in later. I thought it was ridiculous to buy a 6/8 that looked like it would fit Slade, but I did.
I took this huge shirt to my friend and told her to do something to it so that she might be able to wear it this spring. This is the tshirt people! Look how very cute this is! There are bows and yellow rickrack on the top. She took the sleeves off and made those cute little straps. I bought the turtle neck for $2.50 on clearance and the tights for $1.77 at Wal-Mart. When it gets warmer, she can just wear a short sleeve shirt and sandals or no shirt at all so it looks like a sundress.

And she sent these two bows with the outfit. I mean, seriously, have you seen cuter? The woman can sew! Leave me a message if you would like her number-can you imagine the summer outfits?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how much fun you are having with your kids. I do have people who want her name and number.
Have a great day!!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I tagged you. Go read my Blog TAG1

Jerilynn said...

cutie pie dress! I always wanted to be able to sew. It was the only "C" I ever made in K-12!
I put an update on my blog in the comments about P.E. today...I ended up getting switched to another class! YEAH