Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And we're off.......................

Imagine the joy I felt when I opened my front door after Slade got home from school today and there it sat. Neatly bundled in traditional USPS packaging. The postman had left it quickly, like a thief in the night-I never even knew he was at my front door! Sneaky little man. My sweaty little fingers could not tear it open fast enough! And there it was, like a spotlight shining down on it.......ECLIPSE!!! My very own copy, now here in my hands. Suddenly, cold ran through my fingers, like the frigid feel of a vampire's hands. No, seriously, just kidding. I'm not that crazy yet. Just dramatic and wanted you to get excited or intrigued for a quick moment, haha! Anyways, I couldn't get the girls situated fast enough in the backyard to play so that I may quench my thirst with this sweet little novel. Slade went over to the neighbor's house to play and I let the girls run wildly in the gravel as I set up my dusty backyard chair, feet propped and all. I'm just hoping that Campbell didn't sneak any gravel bits in her mouth while I was freakishly speedreading!!! By eleven o'clock tonight, with the interruption of making dinner, baths, running to CVS, etc., I'm stopping on page 203! It's good, girls. Really good. It makes me smile. And can I just tell you one little part in the book tonight that melted my heart on page 95. Edward leaves Bella a note on her pillow that reads,

"I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me.
Look after my heart---I've left it with you."

Seriously, girls. Is that not the sweetest thing ever! He truly loves her! I mean who else but a mythical vampire would leave a note that said that on your pillow? No men I know could write that eloquently, no offense to the male species.

But a girl can always dream.......................................................Hint, hint, Kyle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!! I did love the movie and think I am going to have to start reading the books!! You are pretty convincing.....

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name! That was me!

Brandi