Followers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things.......

We celebrated Ramma's life on Wednesday. I have to say, it was truly wonderful. If you can feel happy on a funeral day, we absolutely did. It was such a bittersweet day. We said goodbye but talked, laughed, and smiled about a great lady that will be missed. All 18 of her grandchildren were there and each one of her six children's families had someone speak during her service. Her grandson that is a minister also did her sermon. One point he made was my favorite part of the whole day. Ramma was one of those people that are just GOOD, down to her core. She had true Christian faith, lived her whole life with kind words, and always seemed to be happy-even when facing tragedy. She chose to see the good in ALL people. He said that she wasn't super human. She just made a choice to live in Christ and be a wonderful human being. He said we all have the same in us. We all have the capacity inside of us to be like Ramma! It was such a great message. We saw so many family members and the kids got to play on Ramma's infamous stairs one last time. These stairs that go up to the extra bedrooms have been run up, fallen, jumped, and slid on for probably 60 years, at least! It was a beautiful day in honor of a beautiful lady. She was a gem.


I always love to see people post things that they have found that they love. I've decided to post some of my favorite things. First of all, this is a little piece of heaven. If you've never had creamer of this kind in your coffee, I suggest you do so. I don't drink coffee but about four or five times a month and it's usually because my mom is here and she fixed it. We always buy fat free french vanilla, but I found this Nestle Cinnamon Vanilla Creme and it is LOVELY! Yum! It's like morning dessert. And it does last quite a while in the fridge.

My kids are quite fond of these little pretzel Goldfish. I don't know if they are new, but we have never had them. They are a perfect snack with an apple or a handful of dried cranberries.

These are from a little craft project I did for my sister's guest bedroom. I actually copied the idea off another blog. They are just blank canvases that I painted turquoise and I used three different shaped bowls to make the circles. I think they are cute. They look great in the bedroom, too.


These are new and boy are they ever so yummy. Very soft graham edge, very yum chocolate center, and only 100 cals! I could eat the whole box. In one sitting. But that would be 600 calories and then I'd have to skip lunch.


This is not my favorite thing to do, Actually, I hate doing it. But it is sooooo good when you get the end result. I buy whole chickens on sale, boil them, and debone. It is a crappy job, but the meat is so great and is wonderful in quesadillas, enchiladas, chicken spaghetti, chicken salad, or just really anything you want to use it for. It also freezes perfectly. It leaves great broth in the pot, too, that can be used for lots of stuff. My friend, Tracy, would never in her life attempt to do this. Maybe I should boil a chicken for her. Maybe she would make me a pie in return. Hmmmm.


This is my latest necklace creation. I found a lady online that makes me these Tech pendants on Scrabble tiles. They are so cute. I just got six more pendants in this week and I plan on making several to sell. They are super cute.

3 comments:

Finding Favor said...

Thank you for your wonderful post. I will be sending you my info too.

Tracy said...

You got it. And my hand will never be up a turkey either!!

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that I absolutely LOVE the canvases you painted for me and they look so good in the guest room. You rock!!

B