Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Crib.....Less


As of 10 days ago, we are crib-less in the Smart household. With a sad little heart(mine mostly), Kyle and I broke apart the white crib, drug it down the hall, out to the truck, and just like that, we were done. For the last 10 years, we have had a crib in this house off and on.

I cannot believe we are past this stage in our life. Yes, yes, I know-it's only a crib. But you start with a bottle, and then it's a crib, and then it's a backpack, and then it's a car, and so on and so on until you find your house empty, your hair is grey, and you wonder how it all happened so fast.

Ok, so I'm being a tad bit overly dramatic. But it stings, man. It's just sad. Milestones that you never get a chance to do over-that's a punch in the gut. I mean, don't get me wrong, after an estimated 23,000 diapers I've changed. Do the math....approx 7 diaper per day x 365 days x 3 years x 3 kids =22,995. And I'm waaaayyyyy under estimating this, folks. I will say a small party, ok, large party will be thrown when I don't have to spend one more penny on Huggies. But it still makes you have a big lump in your throat to see your sweet babies growing right before your eyes. I will soon be telling my 8th grade daughter she is most certainly not getting those bikini panties. And here, yesterday, she was just in diapers. It happens. They grow up. And get rid of cribs and Barney and want to buy bikini underware.

Only I can make a toddler bed welcome into a three paragraph sentimental journey. Sorry about that. Do yourself a favor and stop and enjoy the little things. Enjoy every cent you spend on diapers, though, and don't get upset when you are changing puke crib sheets in the middle of the night. In a flash it will be gone.........

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. — Ferris Bueller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what happens and it is that fast---enjoy every minute! I am still wondering what happed to my 2 little girls! Cita