Followers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let It Shine!

The kids and myself are leaving in the morning(very early) to go on our annual trip to Devil's River. There are going to be about 30 of us the year and I'm excited to see them and play in the water. I'm a little worried about the heat, so I see lots of swimming in our future. It should be an adventure. I'm leaving though, with a heavy heart. They have brought Kyle's grandad to Lubbock and he is not doing well. His cancer seems to be spreading and I think he is getting weak. Some of Kyle's family are coming to town to be with Papaw. We'll see what the week brings. You know we just lost Papaw's wife in May. It seems that they just may not be able to be apart for long and I think that is probably fine with Papaw. They will just keep him comfortable for now. Secondly, a close, dear friend of mine received some troubling news this week. They found a large spot on her (very young and healthy) husband's lung. This week's tests will hopefully give them some answers. If you pray, please get on your knees tonight and ask God to help this sweet family. Her husband is a good Christian man that takes care of his family. Our greatest hope is that it is infection that can be healed. They have two precious girls, four and one that need a strong and healthy daddy. Please pray for good news and peace.


Let his light shine..........................................................

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Inspirational. Thanks, I needed that.