Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break Fun

We went to mom and dad's house, of course, for our rather not so much fun, kids are sick, people are puking and pooping spring break. We did have some fun moments, though. I must look on the bright side and post the "fun" pics!

Cita had the wonderful idea of getting some bubble blowing guns that were battery operated. A gallon full of bubbles and we were all set. They used every last drop of suds.

It was actually hot enough to get out the slipnslide and enjoy the warm, well hot, sunburning my face, weather. The best part was seeing Campbell enjoy herself in the water. This was her first official date with a slipnslide.

Slade really got into the kite flying. He ran all over the place with that darn thing and really got it to fly. Mom bought some really tough canvas kites this past weekend at Academy and we will try them out next time we go home.

This is the face of pure fun! He learned the "run and slide" maneuver - which worked well for him. I once ran from the top of the cement stairs onto our slipnslide in the very yard in this photo. I slipped on the stairs on the way down and busted my head open. One Emergency room visit, deadening shots, and a blood soaked towel later, I was stitched up and sent home to see the blood stained slipnslide. I still vaguely remember my mother holding a towel to my head and me screaming my head off. I don't recommend the "stair running" maneuver. Do it at your own risk!

Happy 61st Birthday, Big Dad! The cake was dry-again. I am sticking to my KP Creations lady for now on. I hate a dry cake, but love a good pic of some kiddos and their grandad. Please look at Campbell's face-cheeseball!

The most wonderful sight-my children aren't arguing!

Working diligently on the kite string.

And yes, babies can fly kites-especially chunky monkeys!!!

No comments: