Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day

We had fun celebrating Mother's Day! My parents had been staying in Lubbock for two weeks after Dad had surgery, so we actually got to spend it with my mom! Nana wasn't able to come up this weekend because of the rain in Iraan. And of course, we are always missing Kyle's mom. Wish so much she could be here, too.

We went to church and cooked lunch afterwards at Brandi's house. We had burgers and lots yummy sides with it. Kyle even bought me a red velvet cake-it's one of my favs!

When I woke up on Sunday morning, the kids had breakfast ready. I had a bagel and strawberries & blueberries. It was very yummy. They were really excited to serve me breakfast. I opened the most precious handmade cards and notes from them. They are priceless. I have a picture with Kyle but I don't like the way I look in it. And since it's a Mother's Day post, I reserve the right to leave out the pics I don't like. Sorry, Babe-you looked really cute in the pic, though.


Brandi and Campbell-Kyle picked out a cute flower pot for her and the kids took her a card. Brandi got me a cool necklace that has all my kids names on it in different colored rectangles. Super cute. Mom got me a really neat set of colored knives that match great with my Fiestaware. I looovvve to get kitchen stuff.

Finley picked out these flowers for me. I also got a Flaunt bag, some new cannisters, and I might have even received a gift card to the Wood House Day Spa. It is a marvelous little place. Yes, I felt like it was Christmas! Kyle really goes all out on Mother's Day. He and the kids make a really big deal! They are always so excited and run around like everything is a big secret the day before. He even took all the kids with him to the grocery store. Brave man.


The kiddos at the kiddie table.












This is what we gave Cita for her Mother's Day gift.

I got the idea off of Pinterest and made the entire thing myself-even the rosettes! I painted the big square and sanded it. It was an extra piece from some shelves I am working on for Slade's room. The photo frame I sprayed white and put velcro on the back so she can pull it of and change out her photos. I've never made rosettes before-took some practice. The cream and red ones are made from burlap. I didn't know burlap came in colors. I was really proud of my craft, if you can't tell! I can't wait to make myself a couple of frames!

Thank you to my sweet family for making my day special!!! Being a mom is the best blessing!!!

No comments: