Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Several Random Things........

I sync'd my iphone so I thought I'd share.....

At first sight, you might think this is a photo of Slade and Gunnar. Well, if you look closely, you will realize that Slade is really young in this photo. Yep, this baby would be Finley. Uncanny isn't it?!?

Yummy low fat recipe I found on Gina's Skinny Recipes. If you like broccoli it is tasty!!!
Whole grain pasta
Fresh broccoli
garlic cloves
fresh Parmesan
! I think I might be making this it alot!

How does this happen? Last year around this time this was G..........

This year, he's wearing a sporty jacket, a crazy winter hat, and riding a four wheeler. It baffles me.

This would be my daughter in mid air, jumping onto my bed. Photo courtesy of Slade. Sure are safe around here at the Smart house........

Slade helped my dad skin a deer at the ranch. He thought it was very cool! Please excuse the slit throat and dripping blood. Where are the Cullen's when you need them?!?

This is my America shirt. Circa 2001.

It's worn, soft, cozy, holey, and even has some paint smears on it. So paper thin that it's like wearing air.

It's been a trusty friend for ten years. It has been with me the duration of my marriage. I'm attached to it.

See the frayed edges? It first appeared after 9-11. A teacher I taught with got them for some of us. Then it was just an every day shirt. Then it was a workout shirt. Then a painting shirt. The past few years it's been my cleaning shirt-like as in cleaning toilets, bathtub, mopping. So soft and familiar. But Kyle came home the other day and told me to go get another shirt on-it looked awful! I said it was my cleaning shirt. He told me that surely I could find a nicer shirt to clean in. That was brutal. I'm attached to it. But it's a new year and I did it. I threw it away today. I'm a little sad but it was time. I'm thinking I got my money's worth.

Excuse him. He's having a Dum Dum. Toodles!

No comments: