Followers

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dresser Redo

I've been working on the master bedroom and have been keeping my eye out for a long dresser. This winter I went to an estate sale with my friend, Kelly, and she convinced me to snatch this up. I'm so glad I did because it really was the perfect piece for my room. I wanted something a bit "scrolly" and long and did not have to have a mirror attached. This one came with a mirror but it was not connected. 

 Here is the original. Before......


And After!!! I decided to leave off the middle doors and use it as shelves you can see. This was my first experience using Annie Sloan chalk paint. I wasn't too fond of the green until I finished it off with a dark wax. The wax made it look sharp, more like an apple green, which is what I was going for. I wanted a funky piece for my room that would really pop! I am pretty happy with the results.!

I loved the original handles, so I just spray painted them. They are so detailed and I love that. The best part about the dresser, other than it is a solid & well made, is that I found a receipt inside from Furrs Cafeteria from July, 1965. You know I love all things vintage!!!

No comments: