Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shrimp Scampi & Wraps

I have a really picky bunch of eaters (KYLE SMART), which is unfortunate since I love to cook. I always want to try recipes, but don't many times because nobody in my family will try anything new. I get really mad about it, but that's a whole other post. Basically, they are very boring with what they eat and I get so tired of cooking the same thing every.single.week. I found this recipe when I was checking Pioneer Woman's blog and thought that it had really basic ingredients. Could my picky bunch might possibly like it???

And to my surprise-----two out of three loved it(Kyle, yes, Slade, yes, Finley, no)! It is Shrimp Scampi. It was easy. It was soooo good! And I would link it to you, but I haven't figured out how to double click on my notebook because there's only one little clicky thing on here, not two. Help someone. Anyways you can find it on her blog. I did leave out the Tabasco and didn't have the herbs to put on top and I used tail-less shrimp. If you like shrimp, you will really like this. I would have liked to have made it with whole wheat or multigrain angel hair pasta, but that might have pushed my bunch over the edge. Kyle really liked the angel hair pasta-he had never tried angel hair. I was like, yeah, it's really a big jump from regular. Sorry you waited 33 years to taste another pasta in a different shape.....(as I roll my eyes...)

This is my favorite turkey wrap! I love cool, light sandwiches in the summer. I came up with this and have had it three times for lunch with fruit this week. All it is......

Flat Out Bread - deli section
Hummus-your fav flavor
Avocado
Turkey
Pepperjack Cheese
Baby Spinach Leaves
Cucumbers

No comments: