Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Apple Pickin'

A few weeks ago we took a trip to the Idalou Apple Orchard. We had never been, even though I've lived here 14 years. It's never too late.

Slade and Finley set out to pick some apples right off the tree. I followed behind. It was hot and I'm pregnant. I followed slowly and sweated a bit.

Finley claimed to be Queen of the Bucket. She likes to be in-charge. Kinda like her mom. She thinks she's in-charge, but I'm the bigger Queen. Don't tell her.

There were beautiful green apples. They were tart. Good for cooking with.

Slade picked.

They hugged and acted like they never fight. I trained them well to pose for the camera.

Finley continued to be Queen of the Bucket. She's very driven.

Slade picked even more. And continues to pick this old shirt to wear, even though it's old and has a hole in it. Comfort means alot to him. And to his mom for that matter. Have you seen my seven year old gown? Pathetic.

We walked down rows and rows.
There were beautiful reddish ones, too.

Slade just couldn't stop picking. He was enthralled with the whole idea that they came straight off the tree, into our bucket, and on our sweet little lips.

Finley picked, too. She left the bucket long enough to pick her favorites. She loved it.

I told them we had to stop. We had lots of apples. We had so many that we had to give them away. White buckets hold A LOT of apples.

Then we went home and made a pie. And muffins. The End.

2 comments:

The Stanford Family said...

Yummy! I want to take Graham. My friend and I tried last year but because of a freeze they did not have any to pick!!!!

The Boyd Gang said...

Lane is naming this one and hasn't decided on a name yet so I am leery about telling. He may change his mind then I have to tell everyone all over again. How about you? I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. I have 5 1/2 from today. I hope you are feeling well.