Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Round Two.........

Well, let's see. The story this week began when Brandi decided to over-achieve at her job and won a trip to here.....



Maui. Are you jealous. Me, too. So her and Shane left on Sunday after dropping Campbell off with me. All goes as expected until Monday when my broken armed gal needed to take off her brace for a minute because it itched. She was sitting at her little art table and I went outside to find my car keys. She followed me outside..........


And fell on the concrete without her cast. Back to the ortho on Wednesday morning for a re-ray. She has a tiny little crack in another bone because of the second fall. Ok. Super. Cannot believe she fell again. All is well as they extend her brace wearing stint another week. Mom and Nana are up here by now to help out and we continue on with Wednesday doing some of this.........


Playing in the sprinklers. Swinging outside. Jumping on the trampoline-well, not Finley. They also played a lot of dress up, like this...............................



Cute, huh. Wednesday was fine. I even snuck away for an hour to use my pedicure gift card. When I got back to the house, Campbell was crying. What was wrong? She had jumped off of this........




A little bitty sand frog that was flipped upside down. Maybe 7 or 8 inches off the ground onto the grass. She was making quite a fuss. And her left arm looked a bit strange. So mom and I decide to load her up and make a run to the ER. We discovered soon after that she had done this.......



A broken arm. Left arm. Both the radius and ulna bones. Two bones. Green stick fractures. Oh, and she's not allergic to morphine we discovered. Finley's ortho set it back into the splint. We like to give him money evidently. He will pay his house payment this month thanks to our family. Can one really break two arm bones jumping eight inches off the ground? The answer is yes. Yes it's possible. The break was totally freakish, strange, crazy, seeing that she has jumped off of really high things like this.........


A king sized bed. Onto pillows in the floor. That's her and Finley's top rated game. But we've never had an accident. She also jumps off of this..................




A wooden playset. Yes, I do admit, this is what took Finley out, but Campbell has managed to escape injury. Even jumped off of this...........................



A trampoline. I cannot even tell you the crazy things all the kids have done on this device. No broken bones here. And please let us not forget that during all of this, Brandi is here.........


In Forks. Not really, just the jungle of Maui, but it looks alot like Forks. She didn't run into the Cullens nor Laurent. She just hiked a mile up to a really beautiful waterfall and then sent us the photos. Yep, still jealous. So there are several morals to this story....................



1) Cousins can both break their left arms within nine days of each other. 2)You go away on vacation and something is bound to happen. 3)Green moss on rocks in Maui looks just like Forks. 4)An eight inch off the ground sand frog will take you down.

5 comments:

The Stanford Family said...

You can just tell them this story for the rest of their lives!!!!!

I bet you are tired!!! LOL

Jerilynn said...

freakishly crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

I am smiling about your post!!! I cannot believe it happened while we r gone!! Well-- actually I can....
Thank you for taking such good care of my baby at the ER that night. I stayed calm knowing you were there. I'm really ready to get home and see her!!! I love you guys!!
B-

Funky Finds said...

Oh man...you do NOT have good luck lately!? Guess it's lucky that it wasn't worse. but still! I bet you are sure in need of some time in Maui yourself.

The boys and .....Me! said...

OMG...I am laughing so hard. I think Brandi owes you on this one..I thought only boys could do crazy things like that!