Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eclipse or Bust!!!

So this would be the culprit that is the reason behind Brandi & my roadtrip to Dallas. He's lanky and British and dreamy. And has a perfectly spectacular new do that makes the urge to run my fingers through his brown locks even more appealing. As my title reads, Eclipse or Bust. That was our weekend slogan. It was a totally fun girls weekend, and my sister and I decided that the last time we went on a trip together WC(without children) was for my bachelorette party in 2001. I think we were due for a trip. It was justified. And the handsome Brit onscreen and a new baby Harper that we had never seen helped seal the deal. And the fact that we love Natalie. Natalie. My girl. My vampire secret sister. Let's start from the beginning..........

Once upon a time, before the Twilight frenzy and Edward/Robert obsession took ahold of our lives, there was a boy named David Drake. He and my sister started kinder together. They were really close friends. There was even a prom that included a pink sequined dress and a can of Rave hairspray and maybe a Quincenera thrown into the mix. Brandi and David managed to survive their high school years, give or take a few groundings, pump jacks, river roads, and there might have been some alcohol involved, but I cannot say for sure. We love David for many reasons, but the most important one being that he found Natalie. We adore Natalie. That boy had good taste. And there you have the story of my Twilight sister. So we've been waiting 6 months to go see Nat and watch ECLIPSE!!! In the words of Legally Blonde - "Roadtrip"!

When we arrived we had our very own personalized message from Rob. We felt very very special.


And this is Nat & I at the theater. After I returned home, I discovered that these are the only photos I took of us girls. I have 50 of her yard, but one of each of us. Go figure. Blame it our excitement of watching Robert onscreen-we were beside ourselves. I cannot explain my dropping the ball with photos. I'll do better at Water for Elephants, right, Nat!?!



And the necklaces that Brandi bought for us all. It says, "Edward Cullen-Bringing back sexy since 1901". And for those odd, strange folks not familiar with the saga, Edward was born in 1901. We find this necklace quite entertaining. We love it.

Several gals went to the movies with us. Kappi is Nat's cousin, in the white shirt. We really really like her. She would be in my dinner circle of friends if she lived here. And the girl in black is pregnant and made her shirt. I was crackin' up!!! I wonder if she would let me borrow it?


Sisters. Awww.


And my baby gift to Harper was her bow holder, which I whipped up while I was there.


It turned out way cute!


And seeing that I had a plethora of house/yard photos, I thought I would show off Nat's super cute house. She has cool taste. Brandi & I like to describe it as Shabby Chic Eclectic. It's so Natalie. She has the neatest stuff in her house, new and modern mixed with antiques. This was her adorable entryway.


And the backyard was to die for!!! I could have slept there. There pool was AWESOME! This is one half of the pool.


And here's the rest. I would never leave the backyard if I lived here.


Pool fountain.


Just really neat.

And her very cool Tori Spellingish dining room. It was white, brown, and orange.

And every one's house was on a little hill, so the yards sloped downward. I found this so funny. We have no hilly yards here in the Hub. We have to make our own hills. And her neighborhood didn't have sidewalks. It doesn't take much to amuse me.

The Drake Cottage. Don't you just love shutters! Can I move in with you?
Eclipse or Bust! Next roadtrip stop-Water for Elephants 2011. A magical story with a boy named Jacob, and elephant named Rosie, and a peculiar bunch of circus folk which might or might not include a stampede...........You really should grab up the book if you 1.Like to read 2. Don't like to read or 3. Just want to prepare yourself for Robward's next movie.

No comments: