Followers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gunnar is 11 Months!

Not only was my birthday on Tuesday, but it was someone elses special day, too!

My boy turned 11 months! That means I have one more month of him officially being a baby. I guess he's technically still a baby at 13 months, but I feel the time getting away from me really quickly. Too quickly. I am savoring every single minute. From his fat little fingers to his blond fuzzy hair to his stubby little toes. I just cannot believe that this is my last baby. Ok, I'll pull it together and talk about all the things G has been up to!

Weight - 22 lbs Height - 28 1/2 in (those are approximate)
Clothes - some 12 mo, but mostly 18 months
Diapers - size 4
Teeth - 2 new ones on top, on each side of his top front teeth, which makes 6 total.
Eyes - grey-blue

Food - we are done with baby food! Some new things he has tried and liked are salmon, tilapia, cranberries, wheat English muffins, ice cream(dad gave him this), and graham crackers! He eats alot of black beans, fruit, broccoli, chicken, yogurt, wheat toast. He wants anything we drink and cries if he doesn't get it. He does not like bananas or eggs-which I think is weird. He just spits it out.

Sleeping - well, after 11 LONG months, and I stress LONG, I think we've turned a corner. The last two weeks, he mostly is taking a two hour nap at some point each day, which is GLORIOUS!!!(today he actually slept three hours!) And since we've moved him into Finley's room and let him cry out the midnight feeding, he has been sleeping 5-6-7 hours some nights. Do you understand what I'm saying......I am sleeping more than three hours at a time now. I.am.so.happy. All it took was about 335 days, but who's counting? I'm counting, that's who! I'm still so sleepy, but I think it takes some time to catch up on 335 days straight of interrupted sleep!

Words - Da, MaMa, Bel(the dog), hi, dawdaw-he says this about everything, and he will repeat sounds you say. He also waves bye and points his finger at people and smiles. That his best trick this month.

Favs - taking baths, outdoors, keys, drinking out of a straw, Bella, singing, going with daddy.

G is standing by himself and will walk all around the furniture, holding on. I won't be surprised if he walks this month. He is getting better about not putting everything in his mouth-he takes is out if we say no to him. He is big on trying to escape outside and now starts crying if anyone goes out the door without him. I've been letting his crawl like crazy out in the backyard and he loves it! He loves to grab the plant sprinkler and of course, play in the dog's water. I've been seeing some fit throwing lately-he hates me changing his diaper now and rolls and gets so mad when I'm trying to change his clothes.

Although G has been really healthy, we've battled several weeks of the croup this month that he just couldn't seem to shake. And I discovered that he does not like to take medicine. At all.

He loves getting my car keys, so Kyle brought him a bunch of extra keys from the shop so he has his own set! He loves to push the keys on my computer, play in the toilet, get into Slade's toys, play with the hand-vac, broom, vacuum, remote, phone, or anything else not a toy. He eats crayons and chalk, plays in the pantry, & empties any drawers he can get his hands on! When I stand him up in his highchair to get all the food off of him, he stomps his feet really fast and tries to mash all the food pieces in the chair-little toot! He also turbo crawls away from the kids when they are trying to pick him up-he thinks it's a cat and mouse game, I think! It's so funny! He adores Finley and Slade and smiles so big when they walk in the door. I let him wake them up in the morning and he gets right in their face and says, "Da" to them and then whacks them in the head with his chubby little hands.

I could go on and on about all the neat things G is doing. It's just amazing how far babies come in 11 months. He is a happy little guy, but I'm starting to detect a little personality all his own-and he's beginning to let us know about it! Oh, G, you are too much! I sure am enjoying you!!!

No comments: